CURRENTLY.
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Reading: I'm in the middle of reading The Good Mother Myth. I decided to read a different parenting book every month this year. Last month I read Simplicity Parenting. I loved it. It was very informative and life changing. I also just finished reading Jonathan Tropper's This Is Where I Leave You. It is heartbreaking, loving, insightful and funny. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. I did not want it to end. A must read! The good thing is the book is being made into a movie. I will definitely be going to see it.
Doing: I've been working out so much more lately. I started the P90X3 program. It's six days a week of intense cardio, plyometrics and weight training. I look forward to that me time so much and I feel so energized afterwards. Just this past week a couple of girls I work with signed up for the Pat Tillman 5k marathon. Its at the end of April. So, I am getting my butt in gear and started training this weekend.
Working on: Making our marriage stronger. Sometimes you get caught up in the daily grind with kids, work, errands - just life in general. When that happens my marriage tends to be put on the back burner. I found this article from the Huffington Post. Its titled "The Questions That Will Save Your Relationships." Very insightful. It makes you rethink how you treat your spouse. Asking the right, caring questions can strengthen your relationship. I feel like I spend so much time investing in the kids and things that I want to do that I don't take the time to see what Paul needs or wants. This year is about change and becoming a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I am taking little steps in that direction by truly listening and appreciating my better half's point of view.
Watching: Can I just say that I enjoy watching Nashville. Can you believe how everyone is treating Juliette? She may be rough around the edges, but deep down there is a girl who is very lost and really could use a friend to be by her side. I'm also loving Parenthood and crying a little more too. I have watched the show since the beginning. It is so honest and emotionally charged. I can't get enough.
Loving: Valentine's day for the kiddos, getting ready for my best friend's wedding, working out, planning our trip to Disneyland and having long conversations with my mom on the phone. I sure do miss her.
As always thanks again to Danielle for providing the original inspiration for these posts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment