Strony

A Love List

Wednesday, February 8, 2017


I'm trying to get to a place where I am more intentional with my time and being in the moment with my family. I have recently been reading about Hygge (a danish concept) - which is coziness and comfortable conviviality the engenders a feeling of contentment or well-being. It's about creating a psychological space that you enter into with your loved ones. Two important guidelines for Hygge is having an overall positive attitude and talking about feel good things.

So, I thought I would share a list of things that I love and make me happy to help re-frame my way of thinking.

cuddling in bed after a long day and reading a good book
burning a new candle throughout the day
kitten snuggles
talking on the phone to my sister every day
spending Saturday mornings watching Cayden play football and Emma dance
jumping on the trampoline with the kids
eating boxes of girl scout cookies
watching hours of Shameless on Netflix while everyone sleeps
listening to a well curated playlist
the smell of cookies baking in the oven
having long conversations about our future late at night with Paul
an unexpected I love you from Emma
pulling warm towels right out of the dryer after a shower
getting great report cards from the kid's school
a child-free trip to Target
having a glass of wine while listening to Adele
bath time
date night with my love
Cayden's magic tricks
sharing our favorite part of the day at dinner time

xoxo





No comments: