Strony

One Fine Day

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

After my doctor's appointment on Thursday, we decided to go ahead with an induction on Tuesday morning. That weekend was labor day weekend and my doctor was not available. So, Tuesday at 8 am it was. We checked into the hospital and they inserted a form of vaginal gel to help soften the cervix. I had to do two rounds of the gel, before I was able to receive the Pitocin.


After I received my IV (I hate needles) they hooked me up to the fetal heart rate and contraction monitors.

At about 2pm I was about 2-3cm dilated and 75% effaced. They started the Pitocin at 2:30pm. The contractions began to get increasingly worse. I wanted to wait for the epidural so it would not slow down my progress.

I called for my epidural around 5:45pm and received it at 6:30pm. At that time I was 5cm dilated. I immediately began to feel the effects of the medicine. It was so nice to have a little breather.

At 8pm I began to feel a lot of pressure. I called for the nurse, she checked me and I was at 9cm. I went from 5cm to 9cm in an hour and a half.

They rolled in the labor and delivery cart and the nurse had me do a couple of practice pushes. I pushed three times and then waited until I was 10cm. Again I began to feel a ton of pressure so the nurse came back in to check me and I was 10 cm!

My doctor came in and we began to push at 8:30pm. It was a long process. I pushed for an hour and a half. Unfortunately Emma had to be vacuum extracted. She was not fitting through my pelvis.

At 10pm, Emma Grace Douglas made her entrance into our world.

6lbs. 15.8oz
19 inches long

perfect in every way....

I just love her little smirk here.

Grammy Ann got to hold our newest member to the family...

and so did Aunt Brittany. 

I was so excited to meet our little girl.

Paul and I were thrilled!

He's going to have so much fun with this little princess

I was amazed by how wide eyed and alert she was.

Her little feet are so precious. I love baby feet. 


 Around 3pm after Cayden was done with school, my mom brought him to the hospital to meet his new little sister.

He met her for the very first time and fell in love with her.

He had a "big brother party" complete with presents, balloons and a cookie cake.

We all enjoyed the cookie cake. Thanks to Aunt Brittany for picking it up.

My in-laws also stopped by the hospital that morning to meet their new granddaughter.

 It was one fine day for sure. One amazing, fine day.





No comments: