The Douglas Family was extremely blessed in 2011!
We welcomed our newest addition - Emma Grace Douglas on September 6th.
Cayden started Kindergarten on August 11th. He was so excited! I on the other hand was an emotional wreck. My little baby was starting Elementary school. Where does the time go??
I left my full time job at ULTA to be spend more time with kids. I wasn't planning on going back to work so soon, but was offered a part time job at Chase as a teller. It allows me to engage with adults for a few hours a week and still have time to give to my favorite people.
Paul is still working at Best Buy and recently stepped back into the roll as the Product Process Manager. He is much happier doing what he loves and is good at - logistics and operations. He has been a huge help with Emma and keeping Cayden entertained when I am busy with the baby. I love him more and more each and everyday!
Cayden has been doing very well in school. He received all satisfactory grades and all 3's on his report card. We couldn't be more proud of our little man. He also had his very first school performance. All the kindergarten classes sang songs for the parents and had a Thanksgiving feast at school.
Emma has been growing so much over these past four months. She is a completely different baby from the first day we brought her home from the hospital. I love watching her grow each day and seeing all the new things she is learning. They are only little for a short period of time and I am so thankful to be able to be with her everyday.
Paul and I also celebrated our two year wedding anniversary. Of course, it was a month after Emma was born. So, we didn't plan anything special. But, thanks to my wonderful sister she surprised us by coming over to watch the kiddos so we could go out to dinner and a movie. I am so lucky to have found the love of my life and my best friend.
This was a year of first's for Emma. Her first Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We were all so happy to spend the holidays together as a new family of four.
2011 was an eventful year! I can only hope that 2012 will bring as much happiness, joy and love to our family.
Cheers to 2012! May you all have a Happy New Year :)

No comments:
Post a Comment