Strony

four months old

Friday, January 6, 2012

and growing way too fast! Here are her current statistics. Emma is 13lbs. 15oz. and 26 1/4 inches long. Like her brother she is in the 50th percentile for her weight and 95th percentile for her height. It seems to me that I may possibly have another thin, tall kiddo. I guess only time will tell :)


We still have maintained a 3 1/2 hour feeding schedule as we did when Emma was three months old. She is eating at, 7:30am, 11am, 2:30pm, 5pm, and 7:30pm . She has recently went from 5 ounce feedings to 6 ounces. Emma is still sleeping through the night, but does wake up for her paci. I have been working on letting her self soothe herself back to sleep. That way I am not getting up three or four times a night to give her a paci. 


She is definitely more awake during the day. She typically naps for two hours in the morning around 9am and an hour in the afternoon at 1pm. She loves her new exersaucer that my in-laws got her for Christmas. It has music, teething rings, toys and pretty much anything else you can imagine to spike a little one's curiosity. 


We are still aggressively working on tummy time. At her recent doctor's visit her pediatrician informed us that Emma has plagiocephaly - which is basically flat head. She might need a Doc band or more famously known as a baby helmet. Of course, I was completely terrified and worried about this unexpected information. I have been working everyday doing neck stretches and making sure she is off her back during the day. Hopefully, within a couple of weeks we will see some improvement. None of this has affected Emma's attitude. She is still such a happy, healthy baby girl. 


Emma has been very alert and aware of her surroundings. I think having a older sibling keeps her preoccupied as well as interested in what is going on. She is constantly looking around in amazement. It is too cute to see her adorable expressions. 


I anticipate her rolling very soon! Every time she is on her changing table or back for that matter she arches her back and pushes her feet into the floor to push up. I bet by the end of the month she will roll over. I will continue to wait patiently and in the meantime enjoy watching her wonderful personality grow each day. 


How could you not just fall in love with these two?


No comments: