Strony

5 months old

Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, our little girl is 5 months old already! I always say it, but where does the time go?

I call her "Missy Moo". I am not quite sure why, but it fits. I also call her "Mo-Mo," "Girlie, Girl," "Princess," "Bella," and a multitude of other nicknames. Our family is known for nicknames, and for the life of me I could not figure out what nick name would come from Emma. Well, she is Missy Moo for now :) And Boo bear just loves his Missy Moo.

We have continued our three hour schedule. I keep trying to push for four hours, but this girl sure loves her food and will not go any longer! Generally, she eats at 7:30am, 11am, 2pm and around 5-6pm. That is her last feeding of the day and then she is off to bed at 7:30pm until her morning feeding at 7:30am. It is pure heaven :)  On a perfect day she naps from 8:30-10:30am, 12-12:30pm, 3-3:30pm, with a 45 minute catnap around 5pm.

This past week has been a little bit difficult. We heard from the specialists at Cranial Technologies and it looks like Emma will need the DOC band. She goes in for her DSI (Digital Surfacing Imaging) on the 21st to be fitted for the band. Despite my aggressive efforts with tummy time it was not enough to change her flat spot. So, I am rolling with the flow. Most of you probably know that rolling with the flow is not my strong point, so this is a huge accomplishment for me. It's hard to see her go through this, but it's best for her in the long run. Plus it is only 7-10 weeks at most.

Emma finally decided to roll over from front to back on 2/19/12. She is oh so close to rolling over from back to front. She is trying very hard to make that happen. Emma has also conquered sitting up unassisted for long periods of time. I am so proud of all these milestones she is meeting :)

Missy Moo has no teeth yet, but is working very hard on some. At times, she just seems so miserable, chewing on her fingers, fussing and struggling to eat her bottle.

No solids have been introduced. I have been contemplating on waiting until she is 6 months. I am confident that she is getting everything she needs from her formula. When she does start solids I will probably start with oatmeal cereal and then move onto squash, sweet potatoes, peas and avocados.

Emma has a wonderful personality. She is so easy going and happy. She is constantly smiling and has the most beautiful laugh. Emma is extremely ticklish, it's so much fun to watch her wiggle and squirm. Bath time is her favorite. She is so calm and relaxed. And we cannot forget how much she loves her bottle. Every time I make a bottle her little mouth opens like a birdie and her arms and legs kick like crazy. Even though she is happy most of the time, she does love to be held. If I am holding her and walking around she is absolutely quiet and content. I will leave you with this one. It's my favorite :)

No comments: