Strony

Currently

Sunday, March 13, 2016



Reading: I just finished reading Room by Emma Donoghue about a mother's fierce love for her son. Her writing is brilliant and the story is hauntingly captivating. I definitely recommend reading it and watching the movie. I recently joined a book club at work and the first book we are reading is Everything I Never Told You. So far, it is a gripping read about family, secrets and the love of a child. I am so excited to discuss the book over wine and appetizers next week with the girls.

Eating: The past few days have been indulgent when it comes to food. I celebrated my birthday this weekend and we have been eating pasta, pizza, cheesecake, cake, and pizza cookies. All delicious foods, but so not healthy. Today I am meal planning healthy dinners for the week to make up for the large amounts of calories consumed.

Enjoying: My new wireless JBL blue tooth speaker the kiddos got me for my birthday. I love to listen to music in the bathroom when I am getting ready in the morning. The hubby is taking me out next weekend to get a bike. I haven't had a bicycle since I was a teenager. I have been looking online and this one is the winner. I can't wait to go on family bike rides together.

Looking forward to: Next month we are taking the kiddos to Disneyland with my husband's brother, wife and three children. It will be four days of magic, family time and exhausted parents. Cayden and Emma are looking forward to spending uninterrupted time with their cousins. We are also headed to Tucson for Easter weekend to spend time with the grandparents. There will definitely be swimming, hiking, coloring eggs, food and Easter baskets involved. I love the holidays!

Thinking about: Time. This year Cayden will be turning 10 years old! How can that be? Emma will also be turning 5 and starting Kindergarten. These two are growing up right before my eyes. As much as I try to be present with them it never seems like I am doing a good enough job. A big part of me wishes I could just stop time forever. It saddens me to think that one day in the near future they won't depend on me for their every need.

Loving: This beautiful weather we have been experiencing lately. 70 degrees and sunny is what Arizona is all about this time of year. It has been so nice to enjoy playing at the park, evening walks, riding bikes, and having the windows open in the house. We are doing our best to soak it all up before the inevitable 100 plus degree heat comes.

No comments: