Strony

Our Engagement

Friday, June 13, 2008

We are engaged! I will officially be Mrs. Douglas :)

This last Monday I came home from work to find rose petals all over the house and candles leading upstairs to our bedroom. There I found a heart made out of red rose petals with a note asking me to dance. I accepted of course and we danced to our song "I Need You" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Before I knew it Paul was down on his knee asking me to marry him. Needless to say I was in tears as I nodded yes! He did such a great job picking out the ring. Not to mention that he did it all on his own. He didn't even enlist my mom or sister for help. 

We are planning to get married next April. So, make sure to start clearing your schedules. It is really important to both of us for our families to be there. We both could not be happier. These past few days have seemed so surreal. I still cannot believe that I get to marry my best friend and the man of my dreams. Most girls aren't that lucky. Paul is a great guy and a wonderful dad to Cayden. All of us are really excited to start the next chapter of our lives. 

No comments: