Strony

First day of Kindergarten

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My little man is all grown up, well almost. Today was his first day of school. He no longer attends Primrose (where he went for preschool and pre-k) he is now at Meridian Elementary. It all seems so surreal.

The night before I packed his lunch, backpack and ironed his clothes.


Per Cayden's request I made pancakes for breakfast the next morning. The first day of Kindergarten deserves a special breakfast.

Of course before we dropped him off at school we had to take the obligatory family pictures.



he picked out his new star wars backpack from PBK. He was a little disappointed that they did not have a Chewbaca one.


Cayden and daddy before we left to drop him off.

and of course a picture with mommy. The tears had not yet begun.

The countdown is complete. Kindergarten was here. No more waiting!

My mother used to take pictures of all us kids in front of the school on the first day. So, of course I had to make sure to get one of Cayden. He looks so big!

It was a little hot that morning, but the kids still played on the playground until it was time for school to start.

everyone lining up to walk into the classroom. All the parents stood outside watching and taking pictures as their kid left the playground.

Can you tell Cayden was a little nervous as the line began to move inside the building? After he left I was in tears. I cried for entire drive home.
Later that afternoon I picked him up from school. "Mommy I had a great first day! When can I go back?"

No comments: