Strony

CURRENTLY

Saturday, August 9, 2014




Watching: I am completely addicted to the Killing on Netflix. I just found out about this series and I am on the edge of my seat. Who killed Rosie Larsen?

Reading: I really need to get back to reading one book a month. On my night stand right now is Jonathan Tropper's Everything Changes. I have been reading it on and off for over two months! I usually love his books and style of writing. I am not sure if it's this particular book or me. I have been so busy with work, the kiddos and life in general. I just need to make reading a priority again.

Thinking: Lately, Paul and I have been discussing our future and where we want to raise our children. We have be talking about moving to the Pacific Northwest, Northern and Southern Arizona. It's a tough decision to make. We want our children to enjoy different seasons and experience new places. At the same time so much of our family is here in Arizona and it would be hard to leave them all behind. I think we have made a definitive decision. Now we need to plan the next step. 

Loving: My new job and the people I work with. Going back to working full time was a hard decision for me to make. I had a lot of back and fourth between doing what is right for me and what is right for our family. At the end of the day I am happy with the decision I made and my new company is amazing. I could definitely see myself here for a while. 

Doing: We have been soaking up this summer as much as we can. The whole family spent a relaxing weekend at the Arizona Grand Resort. The kids had a blast swimming and sleeping in the hotel room. This summer we have gone up to Prescott a few times to escape the heat and it has been wonderful. Not only is it about twenty degrees cooler than Phoenix, but it is so relaxing and calm. We have also made trips down to Tucson to visit my in laws, visited the Arizona Science Center, went to a baseball game, had a family bowling night, playdates, sleep overs and plenty of swimming. All in all it has been a fun and busy summer. 

Working on: Letting go of things that are outside my control. This is hard for me, because I am super sensitive and over analyze everything. I am constantly thinking why people do or say certain things that seem completely crazy to me. It is hard to forget what others have done to you especially when it is a family member. But, then I think everyone thinks that what they are doing is right and the best thing for them and I just have to accept others for who they are and not who I want them to be. Of course, this is easier said then done. Like I said, I am working on it...

*As always thanks again to Danielle for providing the original inspiration for these posts.


No comments: