When do you truly become a family? Is it the late nights spent having drinks together after work and talking for hours? Or when he gets on one knee? Or the day you say I do? Or during the first ultrasound? It's hard to pin point the exact moment you go from "me" to "us". Regardless of when and where it starts you find yourself caught up in the everyday mundane tasks of making breakfast, packing lunches, getting snacks, doing homework, folding laundry, making dinner, giving baths, reading bed time stories and going to sleep and waking up to do it all over again. In the middle of it all you are making tough decisions, crying, laughing, loving and creating memories that will last forever.
Life is full of ups and downs, different seasons that pass by and through it all it's the four of us. Only we have truly seen it all, felt it all and understand it all. There is so much comfort knowing I have "my" people to experience this with. We share something so unique and special to us that know one else will ever know or ever see. Only we can recount our memories together and share them with one another. To the outside it is our story, but to us it's our life.
I am so lucky to be surrounded by these two little people and the man I love. I am lucky to have so much love. Lucky to be accepted. Lucky to feel understood. Lucky to be apart of "us".











No comments:
Post a Comment