Strony

Love Trumps Hate

Wednesday, November 9, 2016


I spent last night and most of today in tears. I tried to process what just happened to our country. This isn't about democrat vs. republican, but about tolerance, acceptance, kindness and Love

I voted for Hilary, because she was the better candidate and I thought our nation would do the same. Voting for her meant standing against bigotry, racism, bullying and hate. 

Today I am sad, afraid and shocked that I live in a country where hate seemed to prevail. Although, Hilary made mistakes and poor choices I truly believed she cared about our country and every.single.person in it. I felt optimistic about what it would look like with her as our leader. 

This doesn't feel real. It is so surreal. 

It is my hope that we the people will all stand together against hate and ignorance. That we can be kind to one another and love everyone regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation. We must be united for the future of our children and show them that being a compassionate, open-minded, empathetic, rational, intelligent human being who values humanity, equality, science and kindness is what matters most. 

This is what I am holding onto today as we figure out where to go from here for the next four years. 



No comments: