Strony

One Month

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Emma is already one month old today. This past month has been a blur of eating, sleeping and changing diapers. Not to mention the sleepless nights for me. But, I have enjoyed every moment snuggling her and giving her tons of kisses. She is such a sweet girl.


Emma is on a schedule.....well sort of. I started her on a daytime routine of eating every 2.5 hours to 3 hours.


Her schedule looks something like this...

7 am ~ first feeding
9:30 am ~ feeding
noon ~ feeding
3 pm ~ feeding
5:30 pm ~ feeding
7 pm ~ feeding
9:30 pm ~ feeding

Within each 2.5 hour cycle, I follow the eat, wake, sleep pattern from Babywise.



After the last feeding, I can usually get five hours of sleep. So, Emma is giving me one 5 hour stretch at night between feeding. Usually, my nights look like this...

2 am "ish" ~ feeding and she goes right back to sleep
I usually get three more hours of sleep now.
5 am "ish" ~ feeding and she goes right back to sleep.

Then, we start all over. 

I am so grateful for my one five hour stretch of sleep. I wish it started a little later then 9:30 pm, but I am so afraid to lose my sleep that I won't change it!


My lack of posting lately has been due to my lack of sleep and everything else. I will spare you the details. I finally had Emma's newborn pictures taken. Now I just need to work on her birth announcements. They should be done by the end of next week.

I will try to post more often....I promise!

Before I go, here's one more photo of Emma.

No comments: