Strony

Taking Stock

Saturday, November 15, 2014


Making : plans for the holidays. My favorite part of this season is spending time with loved ones. 
Cooking : nothing. I was out of town on business for the week and have been ordering take out a lot.
Drinking : lots of water, non stop. 
Reading: children's books every night. I cannot remember the last book I read. Any suggestions? 
Wanting: to go back to the PNW. I love the greenery, trees and cold weather. 
Looking: forward to our family photos next week. It's almost been two years. Yikes! 
Playing: princesse's and dolls everyday with a very active three year old.
Wasting: too much time surfing the internet. 
Wishing: I could freeze time for a moment and remember how they looked, smelled, and acted at ages eight and three.
Enjoying: my weekends off with the family. It reminds me to stop and take in all this yummy goodness.
Waiting: patiently for the holidays. It's the most magical time of the year. 
Liking: that the radio and television are playing Christmas songs and commercials. 
Wondering: if I should invest in essential oils for the family. I have heard so many great things. 
Loving: this season of life. Sure it is a busy time in our lives, but there will come a day when Paul and I will sit back and wish we were in this moment again with kids running around the house and laughter heard throughout. 
Hoping: for cooler temperatures. 70 degrees is wonderful, but I want it to be cold enough to wear thick sweaters and scarves. 
Marveling: at how much my boy has grown up this past year. He is turning out to be an amazing little man. I could not be more proud of him.
Needing: to loose weight and eat healthier. 
Smelling: the fresh autumn air with all the windows open in the house.
Wearing: pajamas all day long. They are so comfortable.
Following: the daily lives of amazing people on social media. 
Noticing: how fast time is passing by. I am so acutely aware that it is saddening.
Knowing: that these next couple of months are going to fly by and the new year will be here before we know it. 
Thinking: about my interview next week over and over in my head.
Feeling: tired and overwhelmed most of the time, but so grateful for this life. 
Bookmarking: activities to do with the kids over winter break. 
Opening: tons of packages with presents that we have ordered online for Christmas. 
Giggling: at all the funny moments we had on our trip to Washington. 

No comments: